Professional Telephone Behaviour
The way in which the telephone is handled is the indication of the care dedicated to the first contact with clients/guests. If you operate the phone, you are the calling card of your company or department. Most people find the telephone an annoying machine. Understandably so. What you miss is the eye to eye contact with the person on the other side of the line. Therefore, you miss an important source of information.
If you wish to effectively operate the telephone, you must take this limitation into consideration.
WHAT DO YOU LEARN IN THIS TRAINING ?
- what the characteristics of telephone communication are;
- how to effectively operate the telephone;
- tone of voice; open and close questions;
- how to screen incoming calls; transferring calls;
- what best to do when clients/guests complain by telephone.
- handling upset customers; handling the assertive personality
- ending calls;
- the use of voice mail, pro’s and con’s
- a fieldtrip to see how a professional operators room function.
- what to do when there is a bomb threat.
WHO SHOULD FOLLOW THIS TRAINING ?
Everyone who frequently operate the telephone in the execution of their work. These can be people working at a counter and people working at the front desk, administrative clerks or secretaries.
HOW DO WE WORK ?
The most important characteristic of the course is training. We dedicate 80 % of the course to training. Therefore, the results of the course are immediately applicable. Another characteristic is attention for every participant. This has a consequence that we train in groups of maximum 12 people. A professional approach, with the aid of instructional movies, video recordings and work books, is only normal.
The duration of this course is divided in 4 sessions of approximately 3 hours.
» Register now!
*For further information contact us.